In fact, it is mostly hydrogen and helium.
This to show that you can have iron at the core of earth with higher
density that what iron has at atmospheric pressure. The density is
determined by the pressure and temperature not just the type of material.
When we quote densities of materials most often we mean at atmospheric
pressure.
Giovanni