From: Eric Walker <eric.wal...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Mon, Jan 21, 2013 10:14 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:understanding Piantelli et al.'s 2013 EP2368252B1 patent

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 7:09 AM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

I understand energy release of this nature as being due to an isomer transition
within the nucleus.  Is that what is being proposed?

That is the term I was looking for -- isomeric transitions.  There are
metastable isomers of, for example, isotopes of nickel.  But if I have
understood what Piantelli is saying, in order for the reaction to be gainful,
these metastable isomers are too short-lived to be what he needs.  I believe he
needs the normal isomers to be very long-lived metastable ones, and then the
action of hydrogen brings them down to a heretofore unknown ground state.  This
would need to apply to most or all transition metals, and not just nickel,
since the patent covers the transition metals generally and not just nickel.

Eric