The MFMP results are not looking very good at the moment as excess
heat appears to be marginal or non-existent. However, the data now
suggest the possibility of some slight anomalous cooling effect. I
don't know if this cooling is real or the result some minor
calibration error, but it raises the question of how we estimate
excess power.

Although we tend to associate excess power with anomalous heating, it
seems to me that a system can exhibit excess power (or over unity)
through either persistent anomalous cooling  or persistent anomalous
heating . But what if the system oscillates between periods of
anomalous cooling and anomalous heating? Simply taking a time average
would make the excess power appear to be much less or even
non-existent.

harry