On Feb 9, 2013, at 3:58 AM, Rob Dingemans wrote:

Hi,

On 9-2-2013 1:19, Edmund Storms wrote:

On Feb 8, 2013, at 4:42 PM, Rob Dingemans wrote:

I disagree, I think Andrea already did prove his claims. The problem is only that almost nobody seems to understand what is going on.

So Rob, you think Andre has proven his claims in many minds. You say that you believe him, but I do not get the impression that this is the general opinion. In my case, I think he has shown that he can make excess energy on occasion, but that does not seem to be a general opinion.

Ed, I see what you mean and I agree with your impression; I should have said that almost nobody believes Andrea, because most people don't seem to understand what is going on. In my opinion is what Andrea has discovered "to good to be true" and therefore most people won't accept Andrea's findings, even when it bites them in their noses. However, I have seen there are sometimes those little "gems" that are indeed "to good to be true" and I think this is one of those.

I agree Rob, and Piantelli showed that the phenomenon is real. Rossi only showed that it worked better using powder.

The issue here is not what causes the reaction, but whether the claims for a commercial product are justified. The Miley claim, which started this discussion, is based on a commercial generator of heat. The question was whether anyone should believe and support this claim.

I still think that what causes the reaction is an important factor that is overlooked by almost everybody.

I agree, but that is not what Miley is showing. He is claiming a working generator. If this idea is based on pure PR or it fails, your vote will look foolish. I think we agree, knowing how and whether the fusion process works should proceed claiming a working generator. Miley has not done this. He has a theory that makes no sense and claims for heat production that have not been replicated or checked by anyone. Are we seeing another Rossi in the making?

And yes, I agree we should support Miley's claim; that's why I also voted for his claim.

And yes, I think we need this type of commercial generator.
It's sad that Andrea is not pushing his systems and knowledge of how the system is build-up more to the people. I think that if he isn't going to do this soon, someone else might beat him; and that's what he is afraid of, because he or someone else wants to see some money. I think Andrea could better sell his knowledge for a small fee to the people, which I think may result in higher revenues in the long run than his current scenario. Could it be that Andrea has advisers who are not open enough for this "knowledge" scenario and advise him to go for the "large bucks", while he himself is in a "zweispalt" about this???

As the heat itself results in energy and a high frequency and therefore keeps the process self-sustaining as long as sufficient source-material is available.

It would probably be much better for the ITER project to focus on the frequency of the plasma instead of the temperature.

How do you propose the frequency be measured? It's the temperature that produces a useful result, so why ignore it?

Yes, the temperature is needed to heat up for example water or generate electricity, but in my opinion it is not the driving force for the mechanism. Therefore people at the ITER project should focus more on the frequency of the plasma i.s.o. of gaining a high temperature as in the Sun.

But how is this frequency measured or even affected?

Regards,
Ed

And on the current large scale, it seems to me this process is not self-sustaining, as you can not keep it sufficiently under control during a longer period. I.s.o. of building a large system I think they should downsize the system so they can control the process much better.
As sometimes is said "less is more".
This is also in my opinion the reason why Andrea's reactor vessels seem to work.

Kind regards,

Rob

Energy Ξ Communication