Chris Zell <chrisz...@wetmtv.com> wrote:

**
> If LENR became practical, I think oil would sink to a level of value
> consistent with the need for lubricants and petrochemicals such as plastic.

The value of oil would sink lower than than. I think people would soon find
ways to synthesize lubricants and petrochemicals from local materials. They
already do this, converting garbage to oil with thermal depolymerization.
The materials in this case have a negative costs; municipalities pay you to
take them. I predict that eventually this process will produce oil more
cheaply than digging it out of the ground and shipping it long distances.
It will also be safer.

I discussed this in my book.