Its a great car. My lease is ~$230 a month, 36 months, but we traded a car
in and ended up with a $2500 rebate. So the math is a bit fuzzy.. Better to
try to get a quote for a no-money down lease.  For a while you could get
the lease to under $200/mo if you didn't want the 440VAC charge capability
(which is probably fine, in retrospect).

The Leaf only comes with a 120VAC charger ( >10 hours for a charge), but if
you are handy with electronics and don't mind risking your life, limb and
warranty, you can hack the charger to run on 240V, which I did. Which
charges in about 6 hours.. But some states have rebates for the charger..
or an upgrade adds another ~$1500. You just need a spare 240V outlet near
rated for ~17A.

I'm adding solar this month to make things interesting..

- Brad