Arnaud Kodeck <arnaud.kod...@lakoco.be> wrote:

> At the beginning of a call, the mobile is emitting at full power. Then the
> power is decreased over time if reception conditions are good at base
> station.

. . .

>  For GSM 2G 900Mhz Band, the maximum power is 2W (33 dBm)
>
> For GSM 2G 1800Mhz Band, the maximum power is 1W (30 dBm)

Very interesting! Thanks for the info.

Still, I think that means that if you are in a bad location you will need
continuous power of 2 W. Therefore with a thermoelectric device if you want
to stay connected indefinitely, you would need enough heat to keep
producing 2 W continuously. I can imagine a situation like this when
someone is caught in the wilderness or trapped in a building in an
earthquake.

I do not think thermoelectric power conversion efficiency will remain at
only 5%. I presume it will be something more like 20% by the time this
technology matures. So, to get 2 W electricity you will need ~10 Watts
thermal.

Perhaps the cell phone cold fusion device could produce 10 W only in an
emergency and normally it would produce much less, to keep the handset from
getting hot.

You might also want a burst of high power when the cell phone is used as a
flashlight, with the screen continually at the brightest setting. Again,
this might be useful in an emergency. As I said, for someone lost in the
woods or trapped in a collapsed building in an earthquake.