Eric,

If LENR neutrons are indeed generated as proposed by W-L, almost all will
be in the thermal range - quite a low momentum by fusion standards.

I believe some experimenters have detected escaping neutrons.
I do not know whether their measurements are valid.
If they are, we still have to determine LENR neutron energy distribution.

Given the graphs in the database -
    NGATLAS Atlas of Neutron Capture Cross Sections
    http://www-nds.iaea.org/ngatlas2/
- it seems reasonable to conjecture that most low-to-high thermal neutrons
would not escape.

Cheers,
Lou Pagnucco