That is a big particle.  Perhaps we should keep in mind that the particles that
find their way through slit experiments are not like billiard balls, but behave
more like a wave packet.  I still am wondering how to interpret the behavior of
such a packet once it hits the "screen" following the slits.  Does it spread
out its effective impact region in proportion to the wavelength?  In other
terms, can it be detected over an area that is similar in size to a short
antenna at that frequency?  If this is the case, then its smaller brothers
should behave in like manner.

I have always been suspicious of why a photon of light interacts with only one
electron when the wavelength of the light is many times larger than the atom
that contains that electron in orbit.  Why is there little response from the
nearby atoms that have resonances at the same frequency?

One might be able to raise an argument concerning reciprocal behavior to
explain why only one atom responds to the incoming photon.  In this case, only
a single photon is released by the change in orbital of a single electron.  Why
the enormous size question arises is beyond my understanding.

A low frequency waveform such at the ones we are discussing can be polarized in
any dimension right angled to the forward travel path and is not typically
helical when man made.   You can generally find a null direction to either the
electric field or magnetic field of the traveling wave.

Dave