That is interesting, since you felt the other one.
So maybe the one designed to be more 'material' rather than just stronger
is just that.

Anyway while it is self serving to agree so fully with your correlation,
you are very correct.
That many can see it in one area and not in another is a problem (i.e most
of this list despite it being anti-skeptic).

With the aether I fully understand the prejudice against it.
If a mind wants to understand the universe logically, it seeks simplicity,
not a dynamical flu.

So while a fluid just like what I am certain exists was assumed, those
interested in physics felt that a static aether was was so much more
attractively simple to understand.
So they looked for the evidence of a lumiferious aether through which the
earth passes and found none.

But SR despite being a total minf*ck was accepted because it could all be
cleanly worked out mathematically.  Now if you look too close there are
flaws, but why look so close when the alternative is a messy entrained
aether?

Of course evidence keeps coming up for many aether like qualities to space.

Ok, so that is how we got here, but why is evidence for new things rejected
so fully as to not even be looked at.
Clearly such a system is rifefor abuse since only those at the top can
propose something new and have it accepted.

"Science progresses funeral by funeral." - Max Planck

But what about cold fusion?
Why does it get the cold shoulder of pathological skepticism?

It does not have the unattractively messy dynamics of a fluid to contend
with.

It seems the only reason other than a distrust of newness perhaps (compared
with Nuclear's initial development) would be that science can be controlled
by vested interests.

So how well is closed minded science that can only be changed from the top
doing?

Not so well.

How much do people like being ridiculed?  Well if you step out of line we
will fire you and make you look like one of those kooks.

And we have a control system, science is no longer science, it is what is
allowed based on whoever pulls the strings.

Of course once people have been trained to think in such ways, changing
isn't easy.
Religious people will often die for their beliefs.

I heard that physicists have killed themselves on finding the constants
were not so constant.

Once set in motion, little is required to maintain this.

Close mindedness (literally *ignore*ance) once established as a belief
system will keep out any new developments if it is at all possible to
ignore them.
Even when those above do die, it progresses only very slowly.

Considering it as a manipulation by those in power is scary, but
considering it going on automatically is worse.

Hoyt, you are in the minority on this list publically disclosing you can
feel it, more I think have only been willing to say this in private.

John