From: mix...@bigpond.com [mailto:mix...@bigpond.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:06 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: [Vo]:Latest Journal of Condensed Matter Nuclear Science

Hi,
[snip]

There are two assumptions that most papers purporting to show the impossibility
of f/H states share.

1) They assume that spin is an intrinsic property of the electron.
2) I get the impression they also assume that the mass of the both electron and
proton remain constant during transitions to f/H states.

In particular, I suspect #2 as the primary reason for obtaining imaginary (as in
complex numbers) values.

Where #2 is concerned, consider the following questions:-

1) Does a Hydrogen atom in the ground state weigh (13.6 eV / c^2) less than the
combined mass of a free proton and a free electron?
(IOW, when a Hydrogen atom in an excited state emits a photon while
transitioning to a less energetic state, does the atom's weight change by the
mass equivalent of the energy emitted?)
2) If the answer to the first question is yes, then do the particles
individually weigh less, or does their field energy have mass?
3) If the latter, then how can we say that the mass of a Hydrogen atom is the
sum of the mass of a free proton and a free electron?

These questions go to the heart of mass/energy equivalence.
[snip]
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk