A new definition of a "Stinger Missile". :-)

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Walker <eric.wal...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thu, May 2, 2013 3:03 pm
Subject: [Vo]:"Robotic insects make first controlled flight"

Something fun to fret about: the robot itself is a tiny little thing, barely
larger than a US cent.

http://images.sciencedaily.com/2013/05/130502142649.jpg

>From the article:

the next steps will involve integrating the parallel work of many different
research teams who are working on the brain, the colony coordination behavior,
the power source, and so on, until the robotic insects are fully autonomous and
wireless.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/05/130502142649.htm

What they did not mention is that you could outfit one of these little robots
with some kind of poison dart, bringing us much closer to our hunter-seeker
than I had anticipated.  We are basically there now, assuming these things
aren't too noisy.

Eric