This may be the reason why nanoplamonic experimentation is usually done
using gold. Nickel is very reactive.


On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Eric Walker <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> My guess is that these are the hardest to remove from circulating air.
>> - probably it's better to keep them in a confined chamber when preparing a
>> colloid.  I am not sure whether they penetrate skin.
>>
>
> I suspect that another problem is with nickel, specifically.  I had a
> watch with a nickel wristband at one point, and I gradually developed a
> severe and chronic rash.  There was a welt on my wrist for several months
> after I stopped wearing the watch.  So the nanopowder nickel particles
> could potentially cause a great deal of irritation in the lungs and a
> powerful immune response as a result.
>
> Eric
>
>

Reply via email to