Ed,

Don't many (most) LENR experiments use outside energy stimuli?

As far as concentration, nanostructures can concentrate currents
(see [1] ), electric fields (see Axil's many postings), or magnetic
fields (see [2]) enormously, with currents and fields available from
simple lab equipment.

How is this controversial?

How is the 2nd Law violated, or even mildly challenged?

[1] "Stability of Metal Nanowires at Ultrahigh Current Densities"
    http://arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0411058

{2] "Feynman Lectures on Physics" Vol.3, Ch.21 (p.5)
    http://www.peaceone.net/basic/Feynman/V3%20Ch21.pdf

-- Lou Pagnucco