Bastiaan Bergman <bastiaan.berg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another reason to require a COP of more than 2.5 is an economical end
> technological reason. Because the E-Cat has a high-entropy input
> (electricity) and a low-entropy output . . .

This is not an issue. The COP can easily be improved.

> Measurement of output energy is where problems arise. An IR camera is
> used to measure the intensity of IR radiation emitted from the reactor
> geometry.

They used the "spots" (standard material) and checked the temperature
against a thermocouple. I do not think this is a problem.

If they had not checked with at thermocouple this *would be* a problem.

> No definite word on who was present
> during the blanco test.

This took 6 hours after the second test. I expect they were all there. If
not, I am pretty sure they used the camera so Rossi could not have
interfered. Everything was recorded on the video camera.

> It is unclear whether the same emissivity was used in the blanco and
> the real test and thus whether the blanco was analysed in exactly the
> same way.

I think it says that it was. They used the dots and thermocouple in both
cases.

> Convection calculation requires even more assumptions and a more
> careful experimental setup while the contribution of heat dissipation
> through convection is insignificant compared to the dissipation
> through radiation at the present temperatures.

The data tables show that convection is about the same as radiation. See
Table 8, for example.

I think we can trust conventional engineering textbooks on this. People
have studied convection in air carefully for a long time. It is a very
important subject, for things like radiators.

> None of the authors is truly independent. They all
> have a vested interest in at least rehabilitating their reputation as
> they have all come out in support of Andrea Rossi's claim of an

That is incorrect. Only one, Levi, endorsed Rossi. Essen, the former head
of the Skeptics Society, was neutral before. The other five are new to the
field. I had to add them to my author database.

> for example Andrea Rossi, plays a clever trick causing all observers
> of the test experiment to believe his claims. Possible schemes for
> such a fraud are: i) Line power is tampered with and extra power is
> feed to the E-Cat as e.g. DC.

People familiar with these meters tell me that is impossible.

> ii) Measurement equipment is tampered
> with to display wrong numbers

The authors brought the equipment. It is theirs. Rossi is not capable of
tampering with digital equipment quickly enough. No one is.

> iii) Power duty cycles are adjusted down
> when observers watch and up when they don't . . .

The digital camera recorded every minute of both tests. There was never a
time when "no one was watching."

> , while at the same time
> well-thought schemes are used to distract the observers.

You cannot distract a time lapse video camera.

I think fraud is extremely unlikely. So unlikely, I am not worried about
it. Certainly there is no chance everyone involved in every Rossi test is
part of conspiracy.