From: Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 7:51 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:The inanity of the hidden input power hypothesis

Duncan Cumming <spacedr...@cumming.info> wrote:

Now consider an insulated furnace equipped with cooling tubes. The device still
loses the exact same number of watts to the cooling coils that it previously
lost to the ambient air . . .

Given that the first one melted, I would want to put thing in the open air
where I can see it. If it turns bright incandescent I want to know, so I can
head out the door. "Exit, pursued by a bear." * (Or a Cat in this case.)

- Jed

* Stage direction, "Winter's Tale," Act III, Scene 3