On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew <andrew...@att.net> wrote:
>
> **
>> Would you have us believe that the use of an oscilloscope and/or a
>> spectrum analyzer was *not* forbidden for these tests?
>>

> There were absolutely not forbidden. I have that from the horse's mouth.

They did not mention that they were free to use an oscilloscope in the
paper, and I have no reason to trust you.

>>  This has been discussed on this very forum just this week, and the
>> opposite conclusion was drawn by the folks here.
>>

> This is a matter of fact, not something you can "draw conclusions" about.
> The participants say they were not constrained.

When Essen was asked about the use of a scope, he said it was up to Levi.
That sounds like a constraint on the Swedes.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. They didn't use a scope, and that's either a
constraint (contrary to what you say they say), or they're incompetent.
Neither adds confidence to the claims.

The constraints were clearly stated in the paper. They were not allowed to
> measure the power from the control box to the reactor, and not allowed to
> view the powder. If there had been other constraints they would stated them.

I'm not as confident of that as you are.