Dennis, I do not believe a process of continuous creation and destruction of sites would be stable and would result in stable production of energy, The creation and destruction processes are independent of each other. Just by chance, one would get the upper hand over the other, resulting in unstable production. In any case, Rossi says he treats the Ni to a special treatment BEFORE heat is produced.

Ed Storms
On May 29, 2013, at 10:19 AM, DJ Cravens wrote:

He doesn't have to have constant stable sites. Perhaps instead it is a constant creation of sites. For example (there must be many), he could be creating and then creating sites with something like Nickel carbonyl that would could create sites and the CO then be allowed to react again. However, it would take the right kind of kinetics- I am not sure carbonyl would allow for the correct temp cycles.

D2

CC: stor...@ix.netcom.com
From: stor...@ix.netcom.com
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Speculation about hotCat
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:42:32 -0600

Bob, this is a good analysis of a possible design. You are right, the powder must make good thermal contact with the wall for the nuclear reaction to be controlled by temperature. Just how Rossi makes this happen is unknown. Nevertheless, most of the active nickel must be attached to the inner wall of the stainless tube. In addition, at the temperatures used, the Ni powder would sinter and not be easily to remove.

As for modifying the stainless using chemical etch, I doubt this would be effective. This texture would have to be active initially and remain unchanged at high temperature. Such textures are not stable and would not survive the high temperature. Rossi has done something to the Ni powder that is very stable and not affected by high temperature. This fact alone greatly reduces the possibilities to anyone familiar with the materials science of this material. Rossi is gradually letting the cat out of the bag, whether he wants to or not.

Ed Storms