I wrote:

> . . . If you unplug a Rossi cell and try to make it self-sustain without
> input, it will melt.
>
> An analogy to fire may be useful to understanding, but you cannot engineer
> a reactor based on analogies.

If we are going to do analogies, a more useful one would be to compare the
Rossi reactor to an internal combustion engine ICE. With an ICE you have to
apply the spark periodically to small portions of the fuel to trigger the
reaction. Cude is demanding we find a way to ignite the entire tank of fuel
with the spark plug once, and then have the car run normally after that.
This does not work. The car goes up in flames, similar to the way Rossi's
reactor melts.

Actually, the Rossi reactor is sort of an anti-ICE, or a reverse-ICE. It
would seem the spark does not trigger the reaction, but rather, it
suppresses the reaction.