If he does not know such a simple thing, I think he can be safely ignored
as plainly he is significantly ignorant of basic physics.

Only toroidal coils/cores have negligible external detectable field.
And actually it is present but cancelled, hence only detected inductively.

Very long solenoids have a strong external field near the poles but is
weaker near the middle.

John