[Also sent to Y.Y.]

I wrote:

       . . . Rossi's requirement in order to make sure that they
       wouldn't investigate his "industrial secret waveform" . . .

   No, it was their idea. Also their camera and their video recording.
   Unless Rossi got a copy this would not help him prevent them from
   investigating things when he was not there.

Let me add that if they did peek at the waveform when Rossi was absent, I do not think they would be so stupid as to hand over a copy of the video recording to him.

I'm making some basic assumptions about how sane people act. I do not think a person would make an incriminating video of himself and then hand over a copy to the victim. I do not think that an electrician or a scientist would allow someone else to make the connections to a voltmeter without ever looking at the connections to confirm they are right.