On Tue, 4 Jun 2013, Roger B wrote:

That is a description, not a rule.

Debunking and pathological skepticism is banned. Perhaps I should add "if you don't identify as True Believer, the owner might remove you at any time."

But vortex is not a CF list. If someone is a electric-water-vortex anomaly follower, but angrily disbelieves eCat stuff, then they need to shut up about it and stay on topic with electrostatics applied to experimental fluid dynamics.

I know all about freedom of speech and openness and all that.

Nope, no freedom. This is a non-exclusive cocktail party in a private home ...though nearly everyone here is a party-crasher, rather than being selected for inclusion by the host. Keep up the cocktail party manners.

On the other hand we do have a dirt lot out back for people who can't steer clear of religion/politics/etc and simply MUST respond to any insult.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-762-3818    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci