The idea that emitted radiation from LENR is harmful to organisms runs
counter to most thought about LENR energy release.  I'm not saying most
thought about LENR energy is right, you understand -- I'm just saying that
if we explain away this "miracle" by that means, we should certainly
question such claims of "harmlessness" of LENR radiation.

As for cockroaches -- if we find they evolved radiation hardening in
response to use of BNAEs (biological nuclear active environments) then we
have to ask the obvious question:  What is the enormous evolutionary cost
to such radiation hardening that kept it from spreading throughout life?
 Moreover, how did cockroaches cross that cost barrier to get the benefit
of the BNAE?