I think closer in to the Sun Venus gets the brunt of those billions of tons
of "energetic particles" the Sun is spitting out daily in all different
directions, by the time they reach Earth they have decayed some more and
are at lower energies.  I think instead of just bending spacetime around
her the Sun is collapsing it through this continuous stream of particles.

Stewart