Jones,

On 17-6-2013 14:18, Jones Beene wrote:
Venus is bone-dry and hot enough to melt lead at 836 degrees F (447 degrees
C),

Very interesting information, but I fail to see the relevance of the above fact. Could you please elaborate on this a bit further as I thought that Lead has a melting point of 600.61 K, 327.46 °C, 621.43 °F , which seems to be well below the surface temperature of Venus. ref.: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead

Which applies of course for many more elements and molecules.
And on the other hand many other elements such as Copper and Nickel seem to have a much higher melting and boiling point.

So I'm missing somehow the link here and meaning of the above fact.

Kind regards,

Rob