H Veeder <hveeder...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Irrespective of fraud, he is technically right. We don't know what the
> temperature is at the centre of the Ecat.

Yes. I went on to say that. I did not quote my entire response. I also said:

". . . Presumably the anomalous reaction occurred in the inner cylinder,
but thermodynamically it makes no difference where, exactly, it originated.
It might have been in the oven but that would not affect the conclusion.
All the heat must emerge from the surface. All is accounted for."

He did not understand. He again accused me of lying.

He does not seem to know much about heat. He also thinks that the third
wire is "extra" or "dead." I wrote to him:

"There is not an extra wire. It is not dead. This is 3-phase power. Please
look that up if you do not understand the concept.

Please do not touch an exposed wire in a 3-phase plug. It is not 'dead.' It
will shock you."

People sometimes make assertions with assurance and a loud voice inversely
proportional to their knowledge. As Yeats put it, in the Second Coming:

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.