Of course it should include Pons since it is quite likely that without
Pons, Fleischmann would never have performed the critical experiment that
resulted in the laboratory aparatus melt-down of 1984.

Having said that, I have to reiterate though I agree with Danny's valuation
of the phrase "Cold Fusion" as a colloquialism, I still must emphasize the
importance of using the technical name "Fleischmann Pons Phenomenon"  or
FPP for reasons I have previously
outlined<http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg84740.html>.
 Moreover, I object to substituting "effect" for "phenomenon" due to the
relatively prejudicial nature of the word "effect".