On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 8:22 PM, Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> wrote:

If some inconvenient fact does not fit into one's train of ideas and
> theories, just ignore it or even discredit it regardless if that fact may
> well be the turnkey to unlocking the ultimate truth.

I will ignore the weird tone of this reply and just address the points of
detail.  What "fact" are you referring to?  The magnetic field?  How do you
know this is a fact at this point?  And how does it unlock ultimate truth?
 How is it being discredited?  A reply that involves magnetic anapoles is a
non sequitur as far as I am concerned.  This is a question about
experimental empirical details, not theory.

With regard to the magnetic field, at this point we don't have enough
information to base our usual speculations off of.  There are a number of
possibilities and too little data to narrow things down.  One possibility
is that every word of hearsay that has been spoken on behalf of Defkalion
on this list so far is right on the mark.  Another is that there is a lot
of radiation coming off of that device, which would be an inconvenient
thing, but unsurprising to me.  A third possibility is that there is
something else entirely going on.

I see how almost two years were spent pondering the question of nickel
isotopes.  That, from a suggestion of Rossi sometime back in a forum, if I
recall.  As far as I can tell, that conversation was largely a wash.  It
was instructive, to be sure, but perhaps irrelevant (we still don't know
for sure).  We still wonder about it from time to time.  It is all too easy
for a person to drop in new tidbits of hearsay -- for example, "I
understand that Defkalion are using a square wave signal for the Joule
heating."  Hopefully we won't ponder on that possibility for two years now,
because I made it up completely.

Eric