"More than 768 million people are currently without access
to<http://www.unicefusa.org/work/water/> safe,
clean, drinking water, and 2.5 billion people live without proper
sanitation. This kills nearly 4,000 children each day, according to UNICEF."

Something which can generate cheap, excess thermal energy could be an
incredible bonanza for desalination.

If Rossi or Defkalion have any sort of knowledge about this, they should
patent their process, and disclose it to the world.

They should then go public, they'd make millions from their equity alone.
They'd all be rich beyond their wildest dreams.