From: Jones Beene [mailto:jone...@pacbell.net]
Sent: Saturday, August 03, 2013 7:23 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: [Vo]:ICCF18 Kim Slides

                From: Frank roarty

                ...just staying with Ni and f/h would this hypothesis be
consistent with the anomalous spectrum emitted? Would this f/h acting as a
heavy electron give off photons when changing state..and again how would it
change state if it is locked into the p orbital..could the fractional value
change states while still acting as a heavy electron?

                Fran

I see where you are going with this suggestion, which is provocative - but
the answer is unknown. It looks like you are trying to move beyond the
Mills' theory into a zero point explanation. We have discussed before that
there is a known connection between ZPE and phase-change, but most of the
evidence for this is in other fields.
http://www.isis.stfc.ac.uk/science/bioscience/changes-in-proton-zero-point-e
nergy-responsible-for-dna-phase-change11125.html

Actually there is a niche of science concerned with materials which are
tailored to exhibit large phase changes. Below the authors demonstrate that
phase change materials (PCMs) which are
known to switch reproducibly between an amorphous and a crystalline phase,
are very
promising candidates to achieve a significant oscillation force without a
change of composition.
http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1006/1006.4065.pdf

Of course we know that phase change can happen with large thermal
consequences. In short, we have to ask: is nickel hydride a kind of
inadvertent PCM, and does it's thermal activity depend on a precise loading
of hydrogen, and then cycling around the phase-change parameter; or indeed
does this depend on a loading with an isomer of hydrogen instead of plain
hydrogen (such as the reduced ground state) ?

Since we know that in many NiH reactions there are no gammas, but there is a
rather distinct connection between the thermal anomaly and nickel
phase-change, then a ZPE hypothesis would be strengthened by showing how
higher energy photons can be emitted continuously and anomalously -
especially in the IR range of 10-20 microns.

Since we know that nickel alone will not do this other than in a Mills
scenario - we have to ask if an inclusion of below ground state hydrogen
will act as the "antenna for ZPE", so to speak. This seems to me to be a
satisfactory way to move away from a nuclear basis for LENR to a zero point
basis. A magnetic anomaly seems to fit into a ZPE explanation better than it
fits into a nuclear explanation.

What is needed is falsifiability.