Let me be clear though, I think Defkalion could turn this situation around.
  Go out strong with Luca (or someone with equal credibility, he's not the
only physics PHD with a track record in the world) leading a *simple and
clear demonstration* that proves the tech.

Allow for a tear down afterwards of everything that shows all the stuff
they showed in previous videos regarding the innards.   Don't have to do
chemical breakdowns of the 'confidential area', but at least let people see
all the parts.

And if that demo doesn't work perfectly, just do another one that takes
into account the criticisms.   I think a plan for 3 or 4 demos over a month
or so, each addressing all the concerns from the previous is a perfect way
to get the extraordinary evidence required.

That way, when they go public, their stock price will rocket super high and
they can use it invest / hire / acquire great talent and tech to make their
company invincible.

However, if they go with just what they have so far, I believe they will
just end up attracting a lot of me tos who will see their weak demos and
feel they will be able to do a better job.   These competitors will get
money for investment and once their companies start they won't be able to
stop.  They will write up patents as fast as possible.

With a weak IPO, Defkalion will just end up creating a lot of competitors
and not much else who will provide alternative investing opportunities and
forever undermine their stock offering.