Daniel Rocha <danieldi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But they did demonstrate it was correct. If you doubt that. You can doubt
> anything.

No, they did not demonstrate this rigorously. They did not show the same
results with different instruments or two different methods. They showed
only one set of instrument readings. Instruments can always be wrong. To
confirm a thermocouple reading you need to see where the thermocouple is
placed and you need to compare it to some other temperature sensor.

If your outlet shows a temperature well above 100 deg C then it stands to
reason you have to show there is dry steam. The temperature says there has
to be, so prove it. It takes only a few minutes. They had all day.

Flowmeters need to be checked. A lot can go wrong with them. You need to
measure the flow at the outlet from the whole system. At the end of the
line. To confirm that a flowmeter is working, you need to collect the water
and weight it. You can't do that with steam, so you have to sparge it and
condense it.

As Dennis points out, you need to test a flowmeter when conditions change,
in this case with back pressure from steam. Okay, it might work, but you
have to be sure.

This was a demonstration, not a test, so we cannot expect a lot of rigor.
It is asking too much to demand that a demo be fully convincing. But it
could have been more convincing than it was. It could have answered more
questions, and laid to rest more doubts. If they had thought about it a
little more, and rehearsed better, it would have been better.

I got a sense they have not done this often. That is unprofessional. It is
disturbing for a company on the verge of going public. They do not seem
ready. If I were doing a demo before hundreds of people, I would have
practiced so much I could do it in my sleep. Perhaps they have done better
demos and full-fledged tests in front of customers and investors. I
wouldn't know.