This thing might not be that important or ever be built etc., but I did like
the thought process revealed by the design. He seeks niches or exclusions in
otherwise "impossible" general characterizations of a problem, and unique
solutions emerge. The not-fully-evacuated tube is probably the primary
example. Overall technically pretty interesting. But as a practical matter,
I think a cramped windowless pod pulling .5g here and there in addition to
smaller frequency swaying amounts to "The Last Train to York-ville" for most
non-fighter pilot citizens.

R.