Defkalion's demonstration wasn't bad. Any demonstration is tough. Something
always goes wrong. It wasn't bad, but it could have been better. I have
done demonstrations and I have taught and given lectures so let me offer a
few suggestions based on this experience.

Practice, practice, practice. Rehearse beforehand. Be sure you can
comfortably complete the presentation in the time allotted. This was their
biggest failing.

Set up your props beforehand. As I explain below, in this case I would have
put a black drop cloth on the wall and brought in a meter stick, a weight
scale, and a bucket of water with a thermometer in it.

Make yourself clear. Get to the point and stick to it.

You need not write out every word, but it is a good idea to write down your
talking points in the order you intend to present them.

Here is the sort of thing I would have said:

". . . The inlet temperature is 21°C, the outlet is 115°C. Here on the
screen we are computing enthalpy by the heat capacity of water. We ignore
the heat of vaporization. However, at this outlet temperature we know the
water has vaporized. Let's prove that. Let's take the outlet tube from the
sink and hold it up next to this black drop cloth. [Holding meter stick
next to plume.] As you see the plume of steam is around 80 cm long. The
first 20 cm are invisible, which means the steam is dry.

Now let us show that our flowmeter is correct and the water is flowing at
500 mL per minute. We will also show that the steam has about 1130 kJ of
enthalpy per minute. We have placed this bucket on the weight scale. As you
see it has 20 kg of water in it, and the water temperature is 21°C. Now
were going to submerge the hose under the water for about a minute and see
how much water condenses and how much the entire mass of water heats up.
Starting NOW. [Splash! 'Buku buku buku' as bubbles say in Japanese]

[A minute later] Okay we removed the hose after one minute three seconds.
The weight of water has increased by 460 g. Some of the steam escaped from
the water but most of it condensed. We see that the temperature has risen
to 31°C . . ."

And so forth.

Prepare your tables and spreadsheets beforehand so you can describe results
smoothly without stopping to do a lot of arithmetic. You need not state
that the heat of vaporization is 2260 kJ per kilogram. The viewer can look
that up later on. You need not explain that the bucket when empty weighs
820 g. The viewer knows about how much a plastic bucket weighs, and can see
you have taken that into account. Skip the details; get to the point.

As I said before, you demonstrate every key point twice, by two different
methods. Ideally, one method relies upon precision instruments and the
second method depends on first principles that are easily understood and
easily measured, even if they are somewhat crude. The two methods must be
completely different so that a single artifact cannot cause both to be
wrong.

People sometimes say that in a lecture you should tell the audience what
you're going to say; tell them what you have to say; and then tell them
what you just told them. I think this is going too far, but it does not
hurt to repeat your key points at least once.

I assume the people at Defkalion are doing similar demonstrations for
potential customers and investors. So I think they should polish up the
presentation and make it more convincing.