Now I think you're the one being the cold fusion police.   You're
prejudging what 'cold fusion' must be.

Scientists sometimes make me think of Sunni vesus Shiite muslims.  Or hell,
muslims versus jews versus christians.    They all believe in generally the
same thing, but wow do they get petty about the little differences.