Dave,

> ...After a modest period of time, we calculate that our super rocket
engine which

> uses anti matter as fuel and attached ship, has reached a calculated
velocity of

> 10 times the speed of light.  This number is calculated by integrating the

> acceleration that we can easily measure in the reference frame around our
ship

> that is also constantly accelerating.

I think you need to go into more detail as to why your thought experiment
apparently glosses over the fact that the hypothetical space ship can
somehow reach a velocity 10 times the speed of light. Someone like me would
first like to know why it is that your thought experiment can somehow
overcome this little light barrier problem. Since you don't seem to be
applying anything believable in the virtual sense, or from a science fiction
POV, like a hypothetical Star Trek warp drive to justify the fantastic speed
of your space ship, I'm left at a loss as to how to take your thought
experiment seriously. The use of a mathematical integral equation to explain
why the ship has somehow reached 10 times the speed of light is of little
use here. The "barrier" I can't get past is the fact that I don't think all
the anti-matter plus positive-matter annihilating each other in the entire
universe could get your space ship to reach 100% the speed of light, let
alone 10 times that. Are you using a warp drive???? A worm hole? Is your
hypothetical experiment deliberately choosing not to consider the effects of
relativity? If that really is the case you should clearly state that that
was your intention. Not to do so gives me the impression that you are
totally ignorant of the effects of relativity - and I can't believe that of
you! ;-)

Did I miss something important in your interesting thought experiment?
Perhaps I did! ;-)

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

svjart.OrionWorks.com