If it weren't for the fact that the Federal government is so dead-set
against any kind of decentralization of power and revenue, this and many
other ideas would have been tested long ago in the laboratory of the
States.  The hubris of arrogating, to the Federal level, social policy is
inhumane and unenlightened.