James Bowery <[email protected]> wrote:

> So how does this relate to China?
>
> China seems to be pursuing a hybrid command economy not unlike that often
> called "fascism".
>

Yes, there are many similarities. And we should note that the German
fascist economy of the 1930s produce a lot of good technology, especially
military technology such as innovative aircraft. The Germans had a
combination of capitalism and a fascist command economy. National Socialism
was more capitalist than socialist, in my opinion.

The Chinese government is totalitarian and its economy is terribly screwed
up in ways many people are unaware of. There are tremendous bubbles in
things like condominium construction. However, their economy has great
strengths as well, and they have millions of highly skilled, clever, hard
working people. If cold fusion is commercialized I am sure they will make
vital contributions to it, and they will manufacture it, just as they
manufacture LED lights and a lot of other high technology. Even though the
government is totalitarian, I -- for one -- will welcome their
contributions to cold fusion. I think we have nothing to fear from their
taking an leading role in this technology. I hope the government eventually
reforms, but that is an unrelated issue.

- Jed

Reply via email to