From: Eric Walker

In conclusion - there is no doubt that if we believe anything about the
Rossi reactor of today based on demos - they produce no gamma radiation. The
HotCat, which is by far the most robust LENR reactor every documented - is
unshielded. No lead jacket, no gamma.

I followed you up to here.

There is no possibility of any prime
reaction - if that reaction is producing quanta over about 2 keV.

But this seems an unwarranted inference.

Not well worded on my part, Eric. Apologies. The inference is based on the
lower limits of detection with a tritium detector and the chances of higher
energy being reported.

Photons below 2 keV could avoid detection. But above – they would have been
seen. Rossi has allies in ENEA - and apparently wants to eventually proceed to
home use. They have the tritium monitors. Plus, he would be concerned about the
health effects for his employees, so it is not a big leap to suggest the HotCat
has been tested over the entire spectrum and he thinks that an unshielded
reactor is safe for himself and his staff.