Axil—Bob Cook here--

I would note that the discussion in Wikipedia applies to a hydrogen molecular
QM system.  The individual protons retain their 1/2 spin.  When a Hydrogen
enters a  matrix it may remain as a molecule or it may enter as an ion.  If
there is an ionization process available, it probably enters as an ion.  In the
Ni-H system it is not clear to me what happens.  Rossi is vague.   Once in the
Ni system the magnetic fields would  influence  what happens next to each of
the various hydrogen molecule isomers identified in the Wikipedia item, if they
enter the matrix as a molecule.

Ed may know what happens when hydrogen is mixed with Ni or Ni nano particles
under 12  Atmospheres.

Ionization within or without the matrix may be influenced by Rossi’s catalist.
Keep in mind the reaction, whatever it  is,  must conserve spin.  Therefore it
may be more probable that the isomer with 0 spin is the one that reacts last
since it would have a lower energy then the other isomers and would take more
activation energy to react.
However, if two protons with antiparallel spins are found together in a single
Ni matrix cell flooded with electrons, it may be possible to form a D (+ CHARGE
AND 0 SPIN) using 1 eletron and producing 1 positron.  Angular momentum and
spin would be conserved.  The big question is whether the molecular spin of the
original H molecule being 0 can couple to the nuclear process which ends up
with 0 spin.  Other Hydrogen molecular isomers  may also react under different
conditions and differing schemes for spin conservation.

Bob

From: Axil Axil

Upon further reflection, the paired proton conjecture may be on the right track
after all. In the ICCF-18 paper, Dr. Yeong E. Kim defines his reactions in
terms of deuterons, but deuteron formation can only happen when the hydrogen
isotope used in the LENR reaction is deuterium.
When protium hydrogen having a single proton and zero neutrons is used, only
protons form the hydrogen nucleus.  Deuteron formation cannot happen because
there are no neutrons in the hydrogen.

So to form a hydrogen nuclear pair, only protons are available and not
deuterons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_isomers_of_hydrogen

The parahydrogen form of hydrogen spin isomers has zero spin and itas
consistent with the zero spin rule of thumb for photofusion.

Dr. Kim may have made a major mistake by taking his deuteron base theory of
Pt/D fusion and moved it unmodified into the Ni/H reactor theory. This error is
what has confused me lately. If I am not thinking correctly, please correct me.