Hello Jones:

There is an interesting CNT patent mentioned on ECat World.

Carbon Nanotube Energy? New Patent Filed by Seldon Technologies
Posted on February 28, 2014 by
admin<http://www.e-catworld.com/author/admin/>* 30
Comments<http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/02/carbon-nanotube-energy-new-patent-filed-by-seldon-technologies/#comments>
<http://www.repost.us/article-preview/hash/11a8412d31aba3bdeb31cf1479f2481c/>

 Here's something that just came to my attention, and I haven't really had
time to investigate it thoroughly, so I thought I'd put it up here for
information and comment. It's a patent filed by Seldon Technologies, a
Vermont company which works mainly in the field of water purification, and
use carbon nanotubes in their filtration systems to make a product they
call Nanomesh.

Seldon seems to be branching out in their research and development
endeavors, however, and have filed a
patent<https://www.google.com/patents/US20130266106?dq=ininventor:%22James+F.+Loan%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=0bMOU4nIJMyGogT-1YLoAg&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAA>which
deals with energy production titled "Methods of generating energetic
particles using nanotubes and articles thereof". The patent was published
on October 10 2013.

The abstract reads:

There is disclosed a method of generating energetic particles, which
comprises contacting nanotubes with a source of hydrogen isotopes, such as
D2O, and applying activation energy to the nanotubes. In one embodiment,
the hydrogen isotopes comprises protium, deuterium, tritium, and
combinations thereof. There is also disclosed a method of transmuting
matter that is based on the increased likelihood of nuclei interaction for
atoms confined in the limited dimensions of a nanotube structure, which
generates energetic particles sufficient to transmute matter and exposing
matter to be transmuted to these particles.

I can't find any reference to any product under development out there, but
the application mentions some experiments done with carbon nanotubes in
which neutron production 'above background levels' was measured. For
example, in one experiment, a carbon nanotube electrode was submerged in a
bath of deuterium, and after a voltage was passed through it, neutron
bursts were recorded.