On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 3:32 PM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

> Actually, I find it difficult to understand how the material [nickel]
> would be able to breathe well enough to allow entry of the fresh hydrogen
> and exit of the ash needed to supply the intense power.  With that thought
> in mind, does this suggest that the run away process mainly results from
> the burning of the fuel that is already in place within the matrix?

I do not believe that hydrogen is soluble in nickel in the way that it is,
for example, in palladium.  I'm placing my bets on NiH LENR being
fundamentally a surface or near-surface reaction.  I also wonder whether
palladium's ability to absorb hydrogen is required for PdD LENR; I have
seen a lot of evidence that reactions occur at or near the surface in PdD
systems as well.

(Once one assumes a surface or near-surface reaction of some kind, the line
of reasoning concerning coherence of phonons becomes more difficult to
envision.)

Eric