A signal can propagate in arbitrary speed, if one solves a system of
equations that doesn't take all fields in considerations. Even Maxwell
equations allows that, in the coulomb gauge, and electric field to
propagate faster than light. But even so, relativity is not violated, since
the equations are still Lorentz invariant, because the magnetic part is not
directly manifest in the solution.

A similar situation happens in quantum mechanics, in free space, if you
only look for oscillations, that is signals, rather than wave packets. A
wave packet carries information, the measured value.

In both cases you can claim to send information faster than light. This is
a wrong claim, since you are not sending information, but just recording
gibberish waiting for the information to appear.

--
Daniel Rocha - RJ
danieldi...@gmail.com