From: David Roberson

A thought just came to me while considering alternate explanations for the
CMB.  Dark matter is assumed to be distributed throughout the universe and
is supposed to clump together around galaxy centers and other large massive
objects.  I have long wondered how this congregation of material could occur
in matter that has no way to release the gravitational energy by radiation
as with normal matter.  Perhaps the CMB is generated gradually by the
condensation of the dark matter.

Or . perhaps dark matter is another aspect of the Dirac Sea ?

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0705/0705.2908.pdf