Taking all of this together, there seems to exist a prima facie case for this
premise:

1)    Dark matter is inherent in the quantum vacuum, meaning it is an illusion
in 3-space except for gravitational effects

2)    The quantum vacuum = Dirac sea = dark matter

3)    CMB is not a relic of a Big Bang but is residual radiation from the Dirac
sea

Now comes the interesting part. Can this information, if valid, be put to use
in alternative energy?

One seemingly obvious way to proceed is to consider CMB as a “leak” of some
kind. If it is a leak, then we want to increase the flow rate.

There are many ways to increase the flow rate of various streams, some of which
are applicable to microwave photons … so let the games begin…

From: ChemE Stewart

http://m.phys.org/news/2011-08-dark-illusion-quantum-vacuum.html

From: David Roberson

A thought just came to me while considering alternate explanations for the CMB.
 Dark matter is assumed to be distributed throughout the universe and is
supposed to clump together around galaxy centers and other large massive
objects.  I have long wondered how this congregation of material could occur in
matter that has no way to release the gravitational energy by radiation as with
normal matter.  Perhaps the CMB is generated gradually by the condensation of
the dark matter.

Or … perhaps dark matter is another aspect of the Dirac Sea ?

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0705/0705.2908.pdf