From: David Roberson

If we discover how to put ZPE to work, does that by definition suggest that
we are extracting energy from the vacuum that would have been directed
toward expansion of the universe?  This leads to an interesting mind
experiment.   Suppose a method is conceived of that allows one to extract an
enormous amount of ZPE(dark energy?), so much in fact that the expansion is
halted

Very provocative thought for an AC Clarke kind of Sci-Fi . perhaps where the
overlords are mysteriously pushing us towards a Utopia of ever-increasing
consumption of energy- which has as its hidden agenda avoiding the
consequences of "universal expansion" which is the real "Satan". :-)

We've been outed. Yup, LENR advocates are acting as tools of the overlords.
providing more energy for the future than society can ever imagine that we
need or even want . and of course, anti-gravity so that we can move LENR
across the galaxy and beyond. expansion = entropy = evil