On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> [...]
conclusion; this happens in the 26th year of Cold Fusion history- isn't
this disturbing?
Add to this the fact that excess heat happens only in a few cases of many
for all the parameters described here, so we have a problem. A wicked
problem.
Taking in account this essential problem solving rule: "

NOT what we know, but what we don‟t know is more important for
solving the problem.

it is very plausible that we still do NOT KNOW something vital for excess
heat to happen and io be useful and controllable. It seems there are
unknown, hidden parameters- and these are even more relevant than those
discussed
here.One of these could be  the presence of gases (any gas that is not
hydrogen, all the components of air) on the active surfaces. JUst to
mention that today is the 17th anniversary of my first formulation of this
poisoning hypothesis that was never taken seriously by my colleagues
working with Pd D.
On the NiH line, Piantelli and Defkalion claim deep degassing i.e.
aliengas-free surfaces area sine qua non condition of excess heat.

This discussion has started from Jed's FQXI essay. An essay with a very
significant title (not content) for CF is "You cannot live in the Cradle
forever"

However if you do not want to grow and mature, the Cradle is just fine.

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Gluck
Cluj, Romania