Nah, it's OK to change your mind on the basis of new evidence.   I've done
it numerous times on this mailing list.

However - with me you have a clear record of precisely where my mind was at
any one point in the nature of digital number and I explain exactly what
and how much each piece of evidence changes it.

If you listen to the interview, it almost sounds like he's rewriting
history.  If he said in the interview "at the time they seemed real, but
since then new evidence has come to light..", then he'd sound more credible
to me.