I apologize for responding  so tardily.  But I have been in transit and
outfitting for my summer/fall in Alaska.

 Jones--

The dimensions of the emitter associated with spin transitions in a nucleus or
during nuclear magnetic momentum transitions does not have anything to do with
the size of the nucleus.  As robin points out the size of the wave length of
the EM radiation does not depend upon the size of the emitting entity.  I think
it depends upon the differential energy between quantum states involved in the
transition to a lower state.    The geometry of course is involved in
determination of the allowed states, but  a typical dimension may not be
apparent.

That being said I think the halo concept is instructive in thinking about how
energy states may change as a virtual particle changes to a stable ground
state.  I like to think of a virtual di-deuterium particle collapsing to a He
particle in the Pd / Deuterium system.  In fact the Cooper paring of two
Deuterium atoms to form an excited virtual pair, starting out with antiparallel
alignment each with high spin quantum number totaling a net of 0 of the target
He ground state, may explain the energy fractionation that apparently occurs in
small energy increments.

Separately, I tend to agree with Robin that the need to try to combine the
electric and gravitation forces is not warranted unless it is a consideration
in a strong magnetic field to cause the paring to start.   This may be more
important in the Ni H system where a catalyst is needed--a Cooper pair of
electrons or a di-proton.  Of course a Pd system may also experience high
magnetic fields and assistance in Cooper pairing.

I am not sure that the restriction to one dimension in the strong magnetic
field involves controlling the gravitational field as well.

Bob