from Robin’s email of May 23,2014: 16:58:19 -0700

The problem with "normal" nuclear radiation is that it is very short
>wavelength - which is not seen in LENR experiments. Working backwards from a
>spectrum which could have escaped detection, we can hypothesize that there
>needs to be an emitter geometry which is large enough to emit EUV or x-rays
>and at the same time, to delay actual fusion until enough energy has been
>dumped. That requirement eliminates any normal nucleus.
>
>This gets into antenna theory. How can a femtometer particle emit
>ultraviolet? Typically it cannot as the geometry is way too
>disproportionate.

You might as well ask how can an Angstrom sized atom emit light with a
wavelength thousands of times larger than itself? I think Bill has already
covered this pretty extensively in the past.

My understanding of this problem is that it's the frequency which is important,
not the wavelength.

(Though I'm guessing that the size mismatch may influence the power level of the
emitter, and thus the time between emission of photons. Perhaps one of our
resident EE's can set me straight?)

Regards, Robin…….

These were the comments I had in mind in Robin’s noting a concern about size
being and indicator of wave length of emissions.

My own thoughts focused on the nuclear dipole and quadrapole absorption and
emission frequencies and magnetic moment absorption and emission of radiation
associated with MRI devices involving nuclear magnetic resonances.  However,
the MRI absorption  and emission of energy may not be called EM radiation the
way you are using the term.  Nevertheless MRI does entail nuclear emission of
low energy quanta IMHO

Bob

Sent from Windows Mail